Business & Finance has a proud 53-year track record of delivering insightful news, comment and analysis to and about the Irish and international business community.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Multimedia Journalist to enhance our digital offering.
Business & Finance is looking for a talented Multimedia Journalist who will be responsible for contributing to our website, and creating high-quality, timely and innovative video and digital content.
This position requires fine writing and video recording & editing skills, as well as a strong journalistic instinct with an eye for stories, people and trends creating a buzz in the business community.
The ideal candidate will have smart judgment and an awareness of how to make business news, data and features into compelling videos and web content that builds an audience and promotes sharing.
- Prolific use of social media and understanding of key social platforms for professional purposes – LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter – experience running paid advertising campaigns a plus
- Ability to perform in a high-volume, multi-task/deadline oriented environment
- Knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong writing skills
- Proven HD camera skills
- Video editing skills in Adobe Premiere or After Effects
- Strong working knowledge of WordPress
- Solid understanding of web standards, design and usability
- Strong working knowledge of InDesign
- A knowledge of digital marketing required
- Experience in writing for web
- SEO optimisation
- Some knowledge of Photoshop advantageous, but not essential
Tasks and responsibilities
- Write accurate stories that are well researched and attributed to necessary sources and update as necessary
- Interview proper sources to enhance story content
- Write and upload
- Analytics monitoring and reporting
- Liaison for commercial clients and sponsored content – an ability to understand client needs,…