Accounting and Traffic Coordinator
Fox Networks GroupThursday, December 07, 20170 application(s)
The Big Ten Network is searching for an Accounting and Traffic Coordinator to join their team in Chicago. This position is responsible for all advertising sales-related credit, collections and cash applications for Big Ten Network. In addition, the role is the primary contact for all accounts payable related inquiries and support. The coordinator will also be the key finance partner in building the budgets, long range plan and quarterly forecasts for Affiliate Marketing and Capital Expense. This role will work closely with senior management in these areas. Traffic responsibilities include ad placement and log reconciliation.
- Traffic duties include creating and loading daily logs through placement of commercial spots, graphics, episode formats and ratings.
- Support the preparation of the Affiliate Marketing and Capital expenditure budgets, LRP, quarterly forecasts, and month end variance reconciliations.
- Accounts Receivable duties include daily cash application, invoice aging management, and periodic check deposits.
- Primary contact for all Accounts Payable inquiries and systems support, including setting up and training new users. Daily A/P invoice review and submission.
- Prepare monthly cash application and pre-payment journal entries, third party commission calculation, ad sales reserve and ticket audit.
- Weekly payroll support includes timecard entry approval, management summary distribution and periodic coding correction.
- Evaluate credit for all new advertising clients and maintain system profiles.
- Periodic ad hoc project contribution required as necessary.
- This position requires of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related business field, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed. Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- This person must be able to effectively communicate with both external and internal associates.
- The ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints is required.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and a team player.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook is required.
- Wide Orbit and Oracle experience is preferred.
Please apply on our career website- https://foxcareers.com/Search/JobDetail/FNG0007029?organization=Fox+Sports
A joint venture between the Big Ten Conference and Fox Networks, BTN is the first internationally distributed network dedicated to covering one of the premier collegiate conferences in the country. With more than 1,500 events across all platforms, the 24/7 network is the ultimate destination for Big Ten fans and alumni across the country, allowing them to see their favorite teams, regardless of where they live. BTN2Go is the digital extension of the Big Ten Network, delivering live games and on-demand programming to Big Ten Network customers via the web, smartphones, and tablets. Events include football, men’s and women’s basketball games; dozens of Big Ten Olympic sports and championship events; studio shows; and classic games. Original programming highlights activities and accomplishments of some of the nation’s finest universities. The groundbreaking Student U initiative provides real-world experience for students interested in careers in sports television. The network is in more than 60 million homes across the United States and Canada, including carriage by all the major video distributors, such as DIRECTV, DISH, Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-Verse, Charter Communications, Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Cox Communications, Mediacom, RCN, WOW!, and approximately 300 additional video providers across North America. For additional information, go to http://www.btn.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.